Client relationship quality has never been more important than it is today. But how can we measure the quality of a one-to-one business relationship?
Ryan has spent the past five years researching this at the Doctorate level, to define the factors that contribute to high-quality B2B relationships. This involved conducting in-depth interviews with CxOs from FTSE 100 companies, including leading banks, retailers and petroleum companies. They explained specifically what the best partners they have ever worked with did that was so different from the rest, but also what the best individuals they have ever worked with did that made the partnership so uniquely successful.
The output is a comprehensive model defining six components of Relationship Capital (self-orientation, ability, effectiveness, honesty, commitment and benevolence), which must be applied in unison and must be underpinned by a strong work ethic. The research showed that along with all of this, to maximize the chances of relationship success, communication should also be adapted to suit the personality profile of the individual.
Ryan comes with over 20 years of sales experience, specialising in how to leverage relationships to grow large accounts faster, to increase the win rate of strategic deals and to penetrate prospect accounts more effectively
Key Objectives We Set Out to Achieve
- To be an authority and a thought leader on these two topics
- To engage with his existing clients as well as create new client relationships that matter
- To convert these relationships to potential business pipeline
How did we do on those Objectives
- To be a leader – Ryan ranks on top for both #B2BRelationships and #RelationshipCapital in Twitter
- To engage with clients – Ryan has engaged with more than 4000 while adding 2000 more new clients to his network.
- To build business pipeline – Ryan has been able to build a continuous stream of business pipelines through one on one engagements
Ryan’s Testimonial on his experience with Stepup.One
First, my boss started asking me how I became suddenly so much active on the social media, for someone who has never tweeted, I now not only have a relevant 600+ followers but if you search #B2Brelationships I am on all top 3 of the Twitter search which is also the topic of my doctorate.
We also started working on LinkedIn, be it connecting with the right target audience, messaging with my thought leadership, slowly but steadily building my pipeline …. Bahana has simply made a huge difference to my social media world”