Dr Scilla Elworthy turns vision into action: three times nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize for developing effective dialogue between nuclear weapons policy-makers worldwide and their critics, with the Oxford Research Group founded in 1982.
Peace Direct goes from strength to strength under brilliant young leadership, founded by Scilla in 2002 to fund, promote and learn from local peace-builders in conflict areas. Scilla was adviser to Archbishop Desmond Tutu and Sir Richard Branson in setting up ‘The Elders’, and was Awarded the Niwano Peace Prize in 2003.
Today her full attention is on developing Business Plan for Peace to shift humanity’s habit away from violent conflict, resulting from her 2017 book The Business Plan for Peace: Building a World Without War. Her TED talk on non-violence has been viewed by over 1,400,000 people.
• Architectures for Peace Supporting societies and their governments to develop national infrastructures to mitigate and prevent violent conflict
• Private-sector funding for SDG 16 Strengthening the private sector’s role in funding initiatives related to UN Sustainable Development Goal 16: Peace, Justice, Strong institutions
• Budgeting for Conflict Prevention Supporting defence and foreign ministries of NATO countries to assign budgets for conflict prevention
• Divestment from Weapons Working with wealth funds to encourage divestment from weapons production and trade.
Chosen from 25 tested strategies for preventing violent conflict in the book The Business Plan for Peace, we draw on decades of experience in fragile countries and in leadership that inspires a shift in behaviours and policies.
Key Objectives We Set Out to Achieve
How did we do on those Objectives
- We had one of our refugee graduates create video content for BPP using Lumen5
- We prepared and executed a social media brief along with the CEO of BPP
- Dr Scilla had done many video chats with our refugee colleague to both encourage and brief us on their objectives
Anger can be a disruptive force or a tool for transformation. On this webinar, peacebuilder Dr Scilla Elworthy walks us through some trusted ways to transform anger into a force for good in our lives: https://t.co/1IxsKd1KpB
How do you advance personal growth in your life and take a stand on the issues that matter?
Learn the tools and skills to take a stand in the Mighty Heart course: https://t.co/WScDtNZyTM
#MondayMotivation #MightyHeartVision #SulakSivaraska https://t.co/tUyPvy8LmY
Every once in two months, our bi-monthly newsletter goes out to our community with some inspiring and educating news and opportunities.
You can be part of this by subscribing to our bi-monthly newsletter today.
Subscribe here: https://t.co/3MKLLJdWoG
Which values do we need to build peace during our time?
In this talk, Peacebuilder; @ScillaElworthy proposes ten new 21st century values to replace the old values of the past, to build a world that works for all.
Engage your heart and listen here: https://t.co/VLxS1wiUZg
Time for some inspiration…
In this 3 minute video, you will learn what the Business Plan for Peace is all about, who we are, and what you can do to make the world a more peaceful and safer place for ourselves and generations to come.
Check it out here: https://t.co/nvH3RRSq1K
Today, conflicts are all around us and having the skills to transform them is necessary.
The Mighty Heart book will help you build the capacity and skills to have ‘courageous conversations and use anger as a fuel for transformation.
Grab your copy today: https://t.co/AgAEgKRue7 https://t.co/tvhav9KkH8